Purpose for Articulation Agreements:
An articulation agreement:
- Establishes in writing a commitment that strongly supports the concept of seamless transfer.
- Embraces the principle that transfer students should not be required to repeat competencies already achieved.
- Provides data and measures of success for Maricopa transfer students.
- Supports block transfer by preserving the coursework within the block.
- Supports the transfer of the Associate Degree and its components, e.g., general education core (AGEC).
- Establishes a framework for AAS graduates to maximize their credit transfer credit.
- Students carry with them the credit they have already earned for as much relevant study as possible.
- Students will not be required to repeat competencies already achieved.
- Students will be admitted as upper-division students at the institution.
- Students can maximize earned credits through flexible degree plans.
- Maricopa graduates may be eligible for scholarships and/or waiver of application fees.
- Students will experience a smooth transition from one educational level to the next.