The five-member publicly-elected Governing Board, working with input from Maricopa employees, developed and adopted statements of Vision, Mission and Values. These serve as the guiding principles under which we work as One Maricopa to support student success.
A Community of Colleges…Colleges for the Community
… working collectively and responsibly to meet the life-long learning needs of our diverse students and communities.
The Maricopa Community Colleges provide access to higher education for diverse students and communities. We focus on learning through:
- University Transfer Education
- General Education
- Developmental Education
- Workforce Development
- Student Development Services
- Continuing Education
- Community Education
- Civic Responsibility
- Global Engagement
The Maricopa Community Colleges are committed to:
- Community - We value all people – our students, our employees, their families, and the communities in which they live and work. We value our global community of which we are an integral part.
- Excellence - We value excellence and encourage our internal and external communities to strive for their academic, professional and personal best.
- Honesty and Integrity - We value academic and personal honesty and integrity and believe these elements are essential in our learning environment. We strive to treat each other with respect, civility and fairness.
- Inclusiveness - We value inclusiveness and respect for one another. We believe that team work is critical, that each team member is important and we depend on each other to accomplish our mission.
- Innovation - We value and embrace an innovative and risk-taking approach so that we remain at the forefront of global educational excellence.
- Learning - We value lifelong learning opportunities that respond to the needs of our communities and are accessible, affordable, and of the highest quality. We encourage dialogue and the freedom to have an open exchange of ideas for the common good.
- Responsibility - We value responsibility and believe that we are each accountable for our personal and professional actions. We are responsible for making our learning experiences significant and meaningful.
- Stewardship - We value stewardship and honor the trust placed in us by the community. We are accountable to our communities for the efficient and effective use of resources as we prepare our students for their role as productive world citizens.