Automatic Mid-Term Disability (MTD) Coverage
- Provides additional financial protection if you become disabled due to a covered illness or injury.
- MTD coverage is provided by MCCCD at no cost to you.
- Benefit received is based on the annual salary at the time the disability occured.
- When combined with other sources of benefits and income, such as, but not limited to Social Security, etc., MTD insurance may provide disability income benefits up to 66 2/3% of your base salary, to a maximum monthly benefit of $4,000.
- Payments are made monthly starting on the 91st day of disability or after all accrued time is exhausted, whichever is later.
- Payments may continue up to 180 days.
A complete list of limitation and exclusions are provided in your Certificate of Insurance.
To File for This Benefit
If you elected short-term disability and filed a disability claim which was approved, the continuation to mid-term disability is a seamless process. Contact MetLife at 800-858-6506 to continue your benefits for mid-term disability.
If you did not elect short-term disability or were not approved for a short-term disability claim, you must call MetLife's Telephonic Disability Reporting service to file an MTD claim.
File a claim or call (800)769-4638
Company Name: Maricopa County Community College District