Interviewing Skills Do's and Don'ts
What To Do:
- Have good appearance, fingernails clean and trimmed, clothing clean and pressed.
- Be polite.
- Be prepared to answer the questions by analyzing the job description posting.
- Give detailed answers to questions - Do not use yes or no answers. Include personal examples.
- Use opportunities to include additional information about skills and abilities.
- Don't be thrown off by the questions - ask for clarification.
- Be honest - this includes no exaggerations that can't be back up.
- Know specific questions to ask at the conclusion of the interview.
What Not To Do:
- Don't give single sentence answers to questions that are looking for in-depth experience.
- Don't talk non-stop.
- Don't mention things that could make the interviewer uncomfortable - your religion, politics, or personal issues.
- Don't give the interviewer a reason not to hire you unless absolutely necessary - don't say your not good at accounting but rather focus on what you can do, but if the job is the midnight shift and you can't work that be honest.