for Submitting an Action Item
to the Governing Board
Items for regular board meetings are due by noon via e-mail on the following dates in the Governing Board Office.
Please Note: Due dates have been moved up one calendar week compared to previous schedules to accommodate the new Board Agenda Review process. Items received after the deadline will automatically be moved to the next month's agenda. Highlighted boxes show a different due date necessitated by conflicts in the Board schedule.
Item Due Dates
|Action Item Due Date||Agenda Review Date||Regular Board Meeting Date|
|January 7, 2013||January 8, 2013||January 22, 2013|
|February 4, 2013||February 5, 2013||February 26, 2013|
|March 4, 2013||March 5, 2013||March 26, 2013|
|April 8, 2013||April 9, 2013||April 23, 2013|
|May 13, 2013||May 14, 2013||May 21, 2013|
|June 10, 2013||June 11, 2013||June 25, 2013|
|July 8, 2013||July 9, 2013||July 23, 2013|
|August 12, 2013||August 13, 2013||August 27, 2013|
|September 9, 2013||September 10, 2013||September 24, 2013|
|October 7, 2013||October 8, 2013||October 22, 2013|
|November 8, 2013||November 12, 2013||November 26, 2013|
|November 25, 2013||November 26, 2013||December 10, 2013|
Each Maricopa college has its own approval process. Routinely, however, items should be submitted through the college president's office in time to allow for the item to reach the Governing Board Office by the deadline. It is the responsibility of the person submitting the item to have all the required information correct and complete. Any incomplete items submitted will not be accepted. Appropriate department initials will be obtained after submission by the Governing Board staff. If you have questions, please contact the Governing Board Assistant at (480) 731-8889.
- Download the appropriate Action Item form.
- Complete the form.
- Meeting Date—schedule on the fourth Tuesday of the month (except December, second Tuesday); please use long date format (i.e., January 31, 2013).
- Item Number—leave blank, it will be completed by the Governing Board staff.
- Item Title—create appropriate title (do not use acronyms). For example, "Intergovernmental Agreement Between Glendale Community College and the Arizona Department of Economic Security".
- Responsible Agents—include appropriate vice chancellor and college president.
- Recommendation—explain exactly what you are requesting. For example, "It is recommened that the Governing Board approve . . . etc." When appropriate, please include effective dates and total dollar amounts.
- Justification—provide background information.
- Funding—Provide funding source and account identification, located on the bottom of the form.
- Additional Information—Attach appropriate explanatory information, including budget information for grants.
- Approvals/Certifications—Submit form to college president for approval certification/signature; route grant approvals through the District Grants Office.
- Forward original form (MS Word) to the Board Assistant in the Governing Board Office.
- PDFs of scanned documents may be sent, but please email a copy of the MS Word version of the form as well.
- Original signed documents must still be submitted to the Board Office.