PROCESS TO ESTABLISH OR MODIFY AN ICDownload the form
In order to establish a new IC or change the structure of an existing one, it would require agreement with the Vice Presidents of Academic Affairs and approval of the Executive Vice Chancellor and Provost.
- The process would include a written recommendation from faculty to the Executive Vice Chancellor and Provost that justifies the need for a new IC (or a change in an existing one).
- To change an existing IC, a written recommendation from the chair is sent to the Executive Vice Chancellor and Provost.
- The Executive Vice Chancellor and Provost reviews and takes action, notifying the Vice Presidents.
- If approved, the Instructional Council member is recommended by department/division chairs at each college to the Faculty Senate President. The faculty senate president forwards the recommendations to the vice president for academic affairs, who will notify the Center for Curriculum & Transfer Articulation (CCTA). CCTA updates the IC Membership List and provides appropriate notice.
- CCTA assists in coordinating membership, providing training, and
facilitating communication for ICs.
Please contact the Center for Curriculum & Transfer Articulation at (480) 731-8139