The Bilingual Nursing Fellowship Program (BNFP) is designed to increase the number of nursing graduates who speak, read, and write English and Spanish fluently. BNFP is a collaboration between GateWay Community College, Phoenix College, and South Mountain Community College. It is anticipated that each student will complete an AAS in Nursing within three years after acceptance into the program.
For additional information, please visit:
- GateWay: https://www.gatewaycc.edu/
- Phoenix College: https://www.phoenixcollege.edu/programs/nursing
- South Mountain: http://nursing.southmountaincc.edu/
Certified Nursing Assistant
Nursing Assistants help patients with personal hygiene, take vital signs, answer call lights, transfer patients, and assist patients with other activities of daily living. Upon program completion, graduates are eligible to apply for certification and/or licensure after passing the test and meeting requirements of the Arizona State Board of Nursing.
- GateWay – 602-286-8531
- Glendale – 623-845-3731
- Mesa – email@example.com
- Paradise Valley – 602-787-7067
Paramedic to AAS in Nursing Bridge Program (NUR106)
The Paramedic to AAS Degree in Nursing Bridge Program is a transition course that will provide paramedics with the theory and clinical competencies to successfully progress into the third semester of the Maricopa Community Colleges Nursing Program.
The Bridge Program will be offered at:
- Mesa Community College each spring. All interested applicants should contact Tuesdee Pfeiff, Nursing Advisor at 480-461-7208 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Paradise Valley Community College in the Fall semester. All interested applicants should contact Dionna Johnson, Nursing Advisor at 602.787.7284 or at dionna.Johnson@paradisevalley.edu.
Practical Nurse Program at GWCC
The Practical Nurse Program is available at GateWay Community College and is a two-semester program leading to a certificate of completion in Practical Nursing. Following successful completion of the program, the graduate is eligible to sit for the NCLEX-PN examination. Please contact a nursing advisor at GWCC for more information.
For more information: https://www.gatewaycc.edu/practical-nursing
Registered Nurse Refresher (NUR295 @MCC and @GWCC)
Update of current principles of nursing theory and clinical skills for RNs returning to active nursing in a medical-surgical or specialty healthcare setting. Nursing pathways include medical-surgical, pediatric, obstetric, and psychiatric/mental health care. Concepts of caring, holism, critical thinking, and nursing process to provide safe nursing care for clients and their families. Application of professional nursing principles and theories related to health education and promotion for culturally diverse clients and families.
Veterans/LPN Refresher Bridge
The Veteran's and LPN Refresher Bridge Course offered at GateWay Community College is a 12-credit program designed to allow the Veteran student who has a military healthcare designation or a LPN Refresher student to to earn a certificate of completion in Practical Nursing and meet the criteria to test for the NCLEX-PN.
The Bridge Course also meets the requirements of the AZ State Board of Nursing for LPNs requiring arefresher program. Students attending for the refresher program must have a temporary practical nursing license to attend clinical. Please contact a GWCC nursing advisor for more information.
GateWay Community College – Washington Campus
Veteran's PN Bridge Courses: $2,071*
* Please note that these are only estimates and do not include books. These estimates may change based on increases to tuition, course fees and book costs. Estimates are based on the 2015-2016 tuition rates for in-county students. Additional fees may apply. Additional fees may apply.
For information about careers in your area of study, visit O*NET OnLine for detailed job descriptions, education requirements, as well as wage and employment trend information.