The Healthcare Education department is a comprehensive and integrated system for Maricopa Community Colleges. This department is...
- Designed to respond to the dynamic and evolving nature of the healthcare system
- Focused on collaboration with the local healthcare community
- Sensitive to access for diverse populations
All programs and educational offerings within the Healthcare Education Department emphasize the achievement of relevant competencies and ensure value to the individual, the employer, and the community.
- To provide effective and relevant education/training programs that support professional standards of practice and meet contemporary and emerging needs of the healthcare community
- To provide healthcare curricula and programs that are flexible, responsive, and accountable to the evolving nature of the healthcare system; meet standards for professional accreditation; and provide opportunities for graduates to earn licensure or certification as may be required
- To collaborate and develop partnerships with the healthcare community to maximize opportunities for student success, achievement, and employment
- To provide education and training programs that are accessible to diverse populations
- To recruit, retain, and reward qualified faculty and support personnel who promote a standard of excellence while reflecting the diversity of the community
- To provide efficient policies and operations that promote self-correction and continuous improvement, maximize resources, prevent redundancies, and ensure organizational integrity
- To provide opportunities for re-careering and professional renewal that is consistent with the mission of Maricopa Community Colleges
Major work areas
Arizona Clinical Education Consotrium (AzCEC)
The Arizona Clinical Education Consortium (AzCEC) was implemented in the academic years 2002-2003. It is a community resource to better accommodate increasingly complex scheduling demands for students participating in clinical experiences within Maricopa County. Currently, there are over thirty-seven academic partners and over one hundred clinical partners that participate in the AzCEC. Maricopa Community Colleges Healthcare Education Department facilitates discussions between all academic and clinical partners. AzCEC streamlines pre-clinical orientation of students & faculty, management of pre-clinical orientation & placement systems, management of the clinical scheduling systems, and facilitating the annual Centralized Healthcare Orientation.
For more information please contact Javai Harris at email@example.com
AzCEC Fall Meetings: August 31, 2018, November 30, 2018
AzCEC Spring Dates: TBA
If you are an academic or clinical partner…
We value our educational and healthcare industry partners!
If you need to contact Maricopa Community Colleges Healthcare Education department for information and access to the Pre-Clinical Orientation and Scheduling system, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.