The Human Capital Management (HCM) Stabilization and Modernization project began in January 2015. The first release (R1) of the HCM project occurred at the end of July 2015 and focused on time entry and approval functions in our HCM system. This release also focused on making improvements to our Payroll system and processes and helped us to lay the foundation for exciting key improvements to be delivered in coming releases.
The second release (R2) of the HCM project occurred in December 2015. This release focused on the processes involved in requesting, viewing, and approving absences and leaves. Combined with the improvements made to the time entry and approval functions in July, the new processes have helped increase the reliability of our Human Capital Management system.
The third release (R3) of the HCM project occurred in April 2016. This release focused on improving the Benefits area of our HCM System, including changes to the open enrollment process.
The fourth release (R3a) of the HCM project occurred in August 2016. This release was focused on implementing industry-leading Recruiting processes and upgrading our current Oracle PeopleSoft HCM System to the most up-to- date version. Various changes were introduced including those that made our HCM system easier to use, and for the first time the system is user-friendly on devices such as tablets or cell phones.
Release 4--Where We Are Now
The fifth release (R4) began in September of 2016 and will continue into the summer of 2017. This release will focus on business process improvement and providing additional functionality by leveraging Higher Education industry standards and best practices.
This release will also bring new features to Maricopa, which will allow for improved reporting capabilities, increased accuracy of data, and further ease of our day-to-day tasks.
As Maricopa moves towards these industry standards and best practices, our Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) Systems - Human Capital Management, Financial Management, and Student Information System - will have the ability to better function as one system, furthering our goal of ‘One Maricopa’.
Below are the Project Goals, and the Guiding Principles that will lead us to a successful Release:
- Increase productivity of managers and employees by reducing redundancy and manual effort
- Implement leading practices in process ownership and execution
- Drive increased employee engagement through the use of performance development, planning and evaluation tools
- Improve data integrity
- Provide insightful, actionable data and analytics
- Achieve alignment of ERP systems and data across the District
- We will make all decisions in support of the “One Maricopa” vision
- We are committed to the transformation of our business
- We will effectively leverage the capabilities of our Human Capital Management, Financial Management, and Student Information Systems
- We support the implementation of industry-leading business processes, while factoring in any critical requirements specific to the processes currently at Maricopa
- We will avoid customizing our Human Capital Management, Financial Management, and Student Information Systems
- We will embrace higher education, industry-leading business process in lieu of customizing our system
- We will focus on the big picture, not the exceptions
- We will create new business procedures
- We will create new business practices/policies
Be sure to frequently check in to this space in the coming weeks for more information regarding the exciting changes coming to your Maricopa HCM System!